Pacquiao’s career has experienced a spectacular resurrection after back-to-back impressive outings against Lucas Matthysse and Adrien Broner. The Filipino senator will have his third fight in just over a year and easily his most challenging test since Floyd Mayweather Jr. as he looks to climb back into the esteemed pound-for-pound rankings.
Watch Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman on FITE.TV
Across from him will be Thurman (29-0, 22 KOs, one no-contest), the former unified welterweight champion who will look to end Pacquiao’s career and remarkable comeback story. Turning back the challenge of Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39 KOs) would be the biggest victory of Thurman’s career, one that would catapult him back into the pound-for-pound conversation and, perhaps more importantly, the mainstream.
Both fighters will enter the ring with a ton of questions about them. Can Pacquiao really be one of the best in the world at 40? How will Thurman look after being hurt badly by journeyman Josesito Lopez in his last outing, which was Thurman’s first after a nearly two-year layoff? Who wants it more?
We will soon find out.
Also, in the Fox PBC Fight Night main event, Caleb Plant will put his IBF super middleweight title on the line against Mike Lee in a showdown that has developed some serious bad blood. Plant (18-0, 10 KOs) claimed the title with a brilliant performance against Jose Uzcategui earlier this year. Lee (21-0, 11 KOs) is a face you may have seen in a Subway commercial, but the 32-year-old from Illinois is out to prove that he’s not just another opponent and can snatch the title from Plant.
Manny Pacquiao vs. Keith Thurman: Live updates, results
Sporting News will have live coverage of Pacquiao-Thurman and a full stacked undercard beginning at 7 p.m. ET.
Pacquiao vs. Thurman fight card
Fox PPV main card
- Welterweights: Manny Pacquiao (61-7-2, 39 KOs) vs. (c) Keith Thurman (29-0, 22 KOs 1 no-contest)
- Welterweights: Yordenis Ugás (23-4, 11 KOs) vs. Omar Figueroa Jr. (28-0-1, 19 KOs)
- Welterweights: Sergey Lipinets (15-1, 11 KOs) vs. Jayar Inson (18-2, 12 KOs)
- Bantamweights: Luis Nery (29-0, 23 KOs) vs. Juan Carlos Payano (21-2, 9 KOs)
Join DAZN and watch more than 100 fight nights a year
Fox PBC Fight Night Card
- Super middleweights; (c) Caleb Plant (18-0, 10 KOs) vs. Mike Lee (21-0, 11 KOs)
- Heavyweights: Efe Ajagba (10-0, 9 KOs) vs. Ali Eren Demirezen (11-0, 10 KOs)
- Welterweights: Emmanuel Medina (16-0, 9 KOs) vs. Peter Dobson (10-0, 6 KOs)
- Welterweights: Abel Ramos (24-3-2, 18 KOs) vs. Jimmy Williams (16-2-1, 5 KOs)
- Flyweights: Genisis Libranza (18-1, 10 KOs) vs. Carlos Maldonado (11-3, 7 KOs)
- Featherweights: John Leo Dato (11-0-1, 7 KOs) vs. Juan Antonio Lopez (13-6, 5 KOs)
Pacquiao-Thurman betting odds
(As of Saturday, July 20)
- Manny Pacquiao: -150 (5Dimes)
- Keith Thurman: +140 (5Dimes)
How to bet Pacquiao-Thurman
Pacquiao vs. Thurman latest news
– Manny Pacquiao was written off around this time last year but now he’s managed to become the favorite against Keith Thurman and resurrect his boxing career, how did we get here?
– Keith Thurman isn’t concerned with what you think about him because he’s here to crush stereotypes and crucify Manny Pacquiao.
– If Pacquiao can beat Thurman, is a rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr. on the horizon?
– The real reason Manny Pacquiao has found his killer instinct? “His pay-per-view numbers sucked,” according to Freddie Roach.
– Caleb Plant has been through more than many of us can imagine and he has become a world champion. His his story on tragedy, triumph and race in boxing.
– Mike Lee’s fast rise came to an abrupt halt due to a rare disease. It may have taken him longer than he expected, but he’s here to shock the world and beat Caleb Plant.